the given soapaction does not match an operation, cxf bug?
Mailing List SVR
2014-05-08 08:31:46 UTC

I'm generating a service from an existing wsdl (original.wsdl attached),
after creating the service the generated wsdl has some small difference
from the original one (cxf_generated.wsdl attached), if I create client
methods (using for example soapui) from the cxf generated wsdl all is
fine but if I use the original wsdl the requests they fail with the error:

"the given soapaction does not match an operation"

the problem is the SOAPAction http header, cxf expects no SOAPAction
header or an empty one, if you look at the wsdl generated by cxf you can
see a section not present in the original wsdl that define an empty soap
action:

<soap:operationsoapAction=""style="document"/>

after this section there is also the original one that define:

<soap:operationsoapAction="http://test.example.com//updateList"/>

I defined an interceptor that remove the SOAPAction http header if
present and this workaround what seems a cxf bug to me.

Obviously if someone give you a wsdl it use that wsdl to generate client
methods and not redownload the wsdl from your service.

What do you think about? Is this a cxf bug? Why cxf modify the original
wsdl used to generate java code?

thanks
Nicola

P.S. tested with both cxf 2.7.8 and 2.7.11
Mailing List SVR
2014-05-08 10:45:38 UTC

I'm generating a service from an existing wsdl
(http://195.250.34.59/temp/original.wsdl), after creating the service
the cxf generated wsdl has some small difference from the original one
(http://195.250.34.59/temp/cxf_generated.wsdl), if I create client
methods, using for example soapui, from the cxf generated wsdl all is
fine but if I use the original wsdl the requests fail with the error:

"the given soapaction does not match an operation"

the problem is the SOAPAction http header:

cxf expects no SOAPAction header or an empty one, if you look at the
wsdl generated by cxf you can see a section not present in the original
wsdl that define an empty soap action:

<soap:operationsoapAction=""style="document"/>

after this section there is also the original one that define:

<soap:operationsoapAction="http://test.example.com//updateList"/>

I defined an interceptor that remove the SOAPAction http header if
present and this workaround what seems a cxf bug to me.

Obviously if someone give you a wsdl the same wsdl is used to generate
the client methods ...

What do you think about? Why cxf modify the original wsdl used to
generate java code? Is this a cxf bug or am I missing something?

Andrei Shakirin
2014-05-13 10:30:35 UTC

I see that generated WSDL contains two bindings and two services(WSTEST, WSTESTService) using different bindings.
Do you see any reason of that? Could you post your code configuration and used to create a service?

Regards,
Andrei.
(http://195.250.34.59/temp/cxf_generated.wsdl), if I create client methods,
Mailing List SVR
2014-05-13 12:03:44 UTC
No generated code is not interesting, but I would like to see how you create the service: did you use spring configuration (jaxws:endpoint) or did it programmatically?
Could you post this code or configuration?
I'm running cxf inside dropwizrad using dropwizard-jaxws
(https://github.com/roskart/dropwizard-jaxws),

I think the code you are asking for is here:

https://github.com/roskart/dropwizard-jaxws/blob/master/dropwizard-jaxws/src/main/java/com/roskart/dropwizard/jaxws/JAXWSEnvironment.java#L95

on my side I create an EndpointBuilder and then call publishEndpoint,

are these infos enough?

thanks
Nicola
Regards,
Andrei.
2014-05-13 13:11:03 UTC

Likely your implementation somehow creates and publishes multiple services (WSTESTService is created additionally to WSTEST).

I would recommend to create a simple test case:
- generate a code based on original WSDL
- make a dummy implemention of generated service interface and publish it using
Endpoint.publish(address, implementor);
- access the endpoint with address?wsdl and check generated wsdl.

If WSDL in test is correct, debug your framework and try to find the difference.

Regards,
Andrei.
Post by Andrei Shakirin
[...]
Post by Andrei Shakirin
Regards,
Andrei.
I'm generating a service from an existing wsdl
(http://195.250.34.59/temp/original.wsdl), after creating the
service the cxf generated wsdl has some small difference from the
original one (http://195.250.34.59/temp/cxf_generated.wsdl), if I
create client methods, using for example soapui, from the cxf
generated wsdl all is fine but if I use the original wsdl the requests fail
Mailing List SVR
2014-05-13 15:45:49 UTC
Issue solved removing wsdlLocation from WebService annotation and
putting it in pom.xml, now there is only one service in the generated
wsdl, and the interceptor that remove soapaction http header is not
needed anymore,

thanks
Nicola
Hi,
b han
2015-03-19 22:34:40 UTC
what do you mean by moving wsdlLocation to pom.xml?

Mailing List SVR
2014-05-13 10:55:02 UTC
Hi,
Post by Andrei Shakirin
Could you post your code configuration and used to create a service?
the code was generated using using cxf-codegen-plugin which is
configured in pom.xml:

[...]

Post by Andrei Shakirin
Regards,
Andrei.
Andrei Shakirin

Mailing List SVR
2014-05-13 10:43:30 UTC
Post by Andrei Shakirin
Hi,
I see that generated WSDL contains two bindings and two services(WSTEST, WSTESTService) using different bindings.
Do you see any reason of that?
no I see no apparent reason for that
Post by Andrei Shakirin
[...]

Post by Andrei Shakirin
Regards,
Andrei.
Mailing List SVR

Daniel Kulp
2014-05-13 14:57:33 UTC
If you have the WSDL, why are you not deploying the service using the WSDL. I think for your case, make sure the @WebService annotation has an appropriate wsdlLocation attribute. If the WSDL is available, it should use it directly and not have to generate a new annotation.

Can you check the generated code to make sure the @WebMethod annotations have the appropriate action parameter? It should be pulling the action from there so it’s either a code generation issue or possibly a runtime issue if it’s not finding it. Would like to see a test case.

Dan
Post by Mailing List SVR
Hi,
"the given soapaction does not match an operation"
<soap:operation soapAction="" style="document"/>
<soap:operation soapAction="http://test.example.com//updateList"/>
I defined an interceptor that remove the SOAPAction http header if present and this workaround what seems a cxf bug to me.
Obviously if someone give you a wsdl it use that wsdl to generate client methods and not redownload the wsdl from your service.
What do you think about? Is this a cxf bug? Why cxf modify the original wsdl used to generate java code?
thanks
Nicola
P.S. tested with both cxf 2.7.8 and 2.7.11
<cxf_generated.wsdl><original.wsdl>
--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp-1oDqGaOF3Lkdnm+***@public.gmane.org - http://dankulp.com/blog
2014-05-13 15:28:23 UTC
Thanks for the suggestion, issue solved, some details:

1) WebMethod annotations has the proper action parameter
2) in my implementation wsdlLocation is set to "classpath:original.wsdl"

step to solve:

1) I removed the wsdlLocation from @WebService annotation in my
implementation
2) I added wsdlLocation in my pom.xml pointing to the same path
previously defined in WebService annotation,

thanks
Nicola
Post by Daniel Kulp
If you have the WSDL, why are you not deploying the service using the
has an appropriate wsdlLocation attribute. If the WSDL is
available, it should use it directly and not have to generate a new
annotation.
annotations have the appropriate action parameter? It should be
pulling the action from there so it's either a code generation issue
or possibly a runtime issue if it's not finding it. Would like to
see a test case.
Dan
Hi,
<http://coders.talend.com/>